Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Between Sand and Stone

It was difficult to choose one to be the most important thing in life. Come to think, it all matters. Family is important. The work is important. But, actually, one of the most important things in life. Want to know the answer?At one point, a student was stunned and did not move from the classroom. He purposely waited for the other student friends came out to chat with professors, instructors. "Mr. Professor, may I chatted briefly with the father?" he asked. With the friendly profesorpun shelve books and supplies are going to be settled. Pulled up a chair and sit in the listening position. "Please, I have plenty of time to listen," he said, smiling."Sir, yesterday I read a sentence that bothers me. I was told to pick the one most important thing in my life. But I am confused what to say, if you think about it all that important. Important my family, my girlfriend was important, important my friends, my futsal important hobby, my job is also important. So I have to choose which one dong sir? " the student said, looking worried.Greeted with laughter, the profesorpun moved from the lab into a small chair behind his desk. He picked up 3 fruit jars. One jar is empty, no content. The other contains the other stones and filled with sand. The jars were then arranged on the table."When asked what the most important thing in your life. What's the answer?""Well, you see what this is?""These jars, sir prof. But for what jar-jar?""Let's just say this is an empty jar you. While the rocks were big things are very important in a person's life, such as family, your spouse, your friends, your health, your future children. While the sand is the stuff that you think is More important, such as jobs, homes, cars, well the little things are also really important for you. ""Then, sir?" the student appears to be still do not understand, and curious."Now try to enter the sand into the jar that you consider yourself above, fill to the brim." Then the students fill up an empty jar with sand."Well, now insert stones into it," said the professor."Ah, you are joking prof. Toplesnya've already had my fill with sand and full. How can I put a rock into it?""Well, that's what I mean. If you fill your life with little things you consider important first, then the big things that is important is not got no place else. Wish you back, fill the jar with the first stone. You can still fill it with sand, is not it? "The mahasiswapun nodded and understood. However, family, health, spouse, friend, it is far more important than jobs, cars, property, and so forth. We must work hard to buy a luxury home, luxury cars and luxury items to please and families. However, it would be much more happy if we had more time for them.From now on, priority 'rocks' in your life, then the rest, put the sand into your life. That is called happiness.